CERTIFICATE IN AIRLINE STUDIES PROFESSIONAL
*PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE WITH PARTIAL.LY INTEREST-FREE FROM £60.00 per Month after initial payment, find details at the check-out to find out your payment options.
Welcome to our 'One Stop Course' - CERTIFICATE IN AIRLINE STUDIES PROFESSIONAL
This course give you the opportunity to develop the understanding and knowledge of the airline industry in its professional capacity. It is intended for candidates who are keen to work as a passenger service agent, airline ticket desk, airline reservations and particularly any role within the airline industry. It is designed to provide competence airline information, airfares and ticketing and airline reservations system with the choice of Amadeus or Galileo used in the industry. This course provide a comprehensive introduction to practical skills required in booking flights and quoting fares to various passenger scenarios including extra services such as hotels and car hire. This course will provide you with the awareness to become a professional for many careers in the industry.At Exodus Travel Careers & Training we treat each student as an individual by ensuring that all receive the assistance required while on the course. We will keep in contact with you on a regular basis to find out how you are getting on with the course even if you do not contact us. We also assist in finding employment with your career interest and provide you expert knowledge of what major organisations are look for in your chosen career path. Your time with us will be tailored to your needs to ensure you gain the best possible success on your course and seeking your career.
1. The Airfares & Ticketing Introductory entails underpinning skills to understand how the industry works. This course is endorsed by Thai Airways. You will gain the following competences and knowledge of:
- Know the role of airline organisations
- Locate major airline destinations
- Different airline types
- Identify aircraft codes
- Identify surface transportation
- Calculate minimum connecting times
- Calculate elapsed flying times
- Know airline booking systems
- Know how to interpret fares and flight documentation
- Identify different passenger types and much, much more.
2: Airline Passenger Service Agent
Knowing the Airport Check in procedures is key and will enhance your opportunities when applying for employment within the industry.
- Familiarise with the Roles and Responsibility of an APSA
- Familiarise with Airport Check in Methods
- Identify Travel Documentation Checks
- Identify with Dangerous Goods Regulation
- Awareness of Airline Baggage Policy
- Identify with Airline Baggage Labelling Procedures
- Familiarise with Different Aircraft Types
- Awareness of Check in & Boarding Card Procedures
- Airport Check in System Procedures
- Familiarise with Supplementary Service Request Codes
- Familiarise with Airline Passenger Announcements
3. The Airfares & Ticketing Level 1 entails all the skills required for an exciting career with air travel. This course is endorsed by Thai Airways. You will gain the following competences and knowledge of:
- Identify parts of a passenger’s journey
- Identify cities and counties related to IATA areas & sub-areas
- Identify global indicators for passenger routings
- Select quotation of specific passenger routes and select the best fares
- Construct convent and round the worldwide currencies using rates of exchange
- Construct and price one way, return and circle trip routes using normal fares
- Interpret data entries on electronic tickets
- Identify applicable taxes, fees and charges for specific passenger journeys
- Calculate child and infant fares
The course includes: All course materials, Columbus World Travel Atlas, mock papers with constructive feedback to succeed in the final exam.
4. The Airline Computerised Reservations Systems (Simulated) is a worldwide recognised qualification and training required by many travel, airline and airport industry leading employers gives candidates to gain competence in:
- Lesson 1 -Sign onto & off onto Amadeus, encode and decode cities, airports & airlines
- Lesson 2 Display Passenger Name Record (PNR)
- Lesson 3 Check timetables schedule and availability
- Lesson 4 Check passenger return availability and airline alliances
- Lesson 5 Create a Passenger Name Record to complete booking
- Lesson 6 Display creating a Passenger Name Record
- Lesson 7 Complete passenger details of address, frequent flyer membership
- Lesson 8 Create a Special Service Request (SSR) & Other Service Information (OSI) fields
- Lesson 9 Cancelling and changing PNR elements
- Lesson 10 Advance seating requests
- Lesson 11 Seat maps and booking specific seats
- Lesson 12 & 13 Display car rental
- Lesson 14 & 15 Display hotel
- Lesson 16 Display Fare types and rules
- Lesson 17 Display pricing itineraries
- Lesson 18 Producing passenger tickets
- Lesson 19 Producing Electronic Miscellaneous Document
Lesson 20 Displaying queues
- Lesson 21 Accessing queue task
- Lesson 22 Calculating foreign currency and minimum connecting times
- Lesson 23 Access help system
- Lesson 24 Access Travel Information Manual (TIM)
- Lesson 25 Explain Travel Information Web (Timaticweb)
- Lesson 26 Producing Electronic Miscellaneous Document
This is an exemplar of the training system modules for Amadeus (you have up to four different systems to chose from). There are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. This computerised reservation training course - includes a personal log in to sign on and sign off the training Emulator Reservation System to gain access and start training.
- You will be able to select from the following systems to carry out this training: Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo or Worldspan. (if not sure, please contact us for expert advice).
Assessments & Practice
- There are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. This computerised reservation training course - includes a personal log in to sign on and sign off the Galileo emulator reservation system to gain access and start training.
The course includes:
- An agent sign on and sign off login
- 40 hours allocated time to complete your course within 6 months access to your account and practice outside of your course
- 24 Lessons and 5 Drills (Quizzes)
- Student Workbook to enhance, reinforce and practice your training
- Final assessment on the entire course
- An official industry worldwide recognised Certificate of Global Distribution System Training from Viasinc.
- Support & guidance throughout your course
You will receive 4 certificates:
- Airfares & Ticketing Introductory
- Airline Passenger Service Agent
- Airfares & Ticketing Level 1
- Computerised Reservations System - either Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre or Worldspan from Viasinic
- Exodus Travel Training and Recruitment Certificate
What a great way of gaining the right qualifications to start your career and gain a wealth of knowledge, industry terminology and skills ready for an airline career path.
Our 'One Stop Courses' - Heading you in the right direction for a sustainable career.
*There are Payment Options Available with an Instalment plan. Terms and conditions apply, please enquire.