DIPLOMA IN AVIATION OPERATIONS
*PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE WITH PARTIAL.LY INTEREST-FREE FROM £51.00 per Month after initial payment, find details at the check-out click on PARTIAL.LY to find out your payment options.
This Diploma will give you an head start into a career of Aviation. You will learn all aspects from Airport Operations, Airline and Crew Operations, Amadeus Airline Reservation Systems and Airline Fares and Ticketing Procedures. The course is broken down into these three areas covering:
1. Airport Ground Handling Operations
The Airport environment consists of many different areas that are restricted and require some form of documentation to proceed onto Airside. The outbound departure process for passengers is must be timely, efficient and effective in order for aircraft to depart on time. This part of the Diploma will allow you to explore key procedures and roles to contribute to the effectiveness of the airport environment covering:
- Aviation trade bodies and associations
- Airside and Landside Operations
- Worldwide airline destinations
- Functional areas of the airport environment
- Passenger facilities
- Airline facilities
- Check-in procedures
- Travel documentation checks
- Baggage handling procedures
- Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Airport roles and responsibilities
- Gate and arrival services
- Handling specific passengers needs
- Airside airport hazard and safety
- Aircraft configuration and seating
- Passenger care and special requests
- Different airline airfares and tickets
- Airline global distribution systems
- Airline availability on reservation systems
2. Airline and crew operations.
The role of cabin crew is more demanding than you think. This course provides you the knowledge and insight of the reality of cabin crew on board the aircraft, working alongside key personnel and their role in the Aviation Industry covering:
- Crew aviation terms and abbreviation
- Cabin crew legislation
- Cabin crew lifestyle and training
- Cabin crew employability requirements
- Airline geography
- Elapsed flying times
- The affects of air travel
- Airline passenger service
- Passenger types
- Cabin crew selling duty free
- Airline international trade bodies and associations
- Cabin crew roles and responsibilities
- Airline safety and emergency procedures
- Airline safety and security procedures
- Airline cabin crew communication
- Handling disruptive passengers
- Airline reports procedures
3. Airline Airfares and Ticketing procedures
Well established airlines require personnel working at the airport ticketing desk or the airline's reservation department to familiarise with ticketing procedures such as Point-to-Point routing, Hub & Spoke Journeys or Round the World (RTW) tickets, the complexity is great, but the reward for working for an established airline that require candidates for this professional qualification is rewarding. This part of the diploma covers:
- Various Passenger journeys
- Airline cities and counties related to IATA areas & sub-areas
- Airline global indicators for passenger routings
- Quotation of specific passenger routes and select the best fares
- Construct convert and round the worldwide currencies using rates of exchange
- Construct and price one way, return and circle trip routes using normal fares
- Ticketing data entries on electronic tickets
- Applicable taxes, fees and charges for specific passenger journeys
- Calculate child and infant fares
- Familiarise with baggage allowance, taxes, fees and charges
- Complete air travel documentations
4. Amadeus Airline Reservations Systems
You will also explore one of the most important aspect to Airline Reservations Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and Special Service Request (SSR) to request a specific service from the Airline in order to meet the Passengers needs such as meals, wheelchair assistance, frequent flyer and much more requests. You will also experience Other Service Information (OSI) to inform the Airline of Very Important Person (VIP) or Commercial Important Person (CIP) passengers will be boarding the Airline.
The Airline Reservation Part 1 & 2 includes:
Airlines Reservations Module 1
Lesson 1-1 — Introduction, Sign In and Out, Work Areas
Lesson 2 — Encode and Decode
Lesson 3 — Introduction to the PNR
Lesson 4 — PNR Redisplay, Displaying PNR SubFields
Lesson 5 — Timetables, Flight Details
Lesson 6 — Flight Availability, Return Availability, Schedules information
Lesson 7 — Booking Seats from Availability
Lesson 8 — Name Elements, Contact Elements
Lesson 9 — Ticketing Element, Received-From Element
Lesson 10 — Creating and Ending a complete PNR
Lesson 11 — Cancel and Changing Mandatory PNR Elements
Lesson 12 — Mailing Address and Billing Address Elements
Lesson 13 — General Remark and OSI Elements
Lesson 14 — SSR Elements, Passenger Information Elements, Frequent Flyer Elements
Lesson 15 — Cancel and Changing Optional PNR Elements
Lesson 16 — Advance Seating Requests
Lesson 17 — Seat Maps
Lesson 18 — Request Specific Seats, Specific Seat Wish, Modify
Lesson 19 — Calculator and Currency Functions, Minimum Connect Times
Lesson 20 — Help system
Reservation 1 - Exam Final Assessment Exam on Emulator
Airline Reservations Module 2
Lesson 1 — Advanced Availability Entries
Lesson 2 — Access Types
Lesson 3 — Direct Sell, Waitlist, Open/ARNK/Passive Segments
Lesson 4 — PNR Claim
Lesson 5 — Split PNR
Lesson 6 — Non-Homogeneous PNRs
Lesson 7 — Customer Profiles
Lesson 8 — Queue Count, Queue Placement, Option Element
Lesson 9 — Queue Access/Exit, Remove/Delay Queued PNRs
Lesson 10 — Segment Status, Schedule Change, Waitlist Assurance
Reservation 2 - Final Assessment Exam - Emulator
Assessment and Practice
This course is 100% practical and hands-on. Each lesson consist of detailed instruction which are provided and there are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. To access to the Amadeus System includes a personal login to sign on/off the reservation emulator to start training.
The Amadeus Airline Reservations course includes:
- An agent sign on and sign off login
- 20 Hours of study
- Lessons and Drills (Quizzes) to assess your learning and progress
- Final assessments for all three areas of the course known as Exam Emulators
- Support & guidance throughout your course
How much time do I need to complete the course?
The course is expected to take 200 hours to complete.
We believe that 20-24 weeks should be enough to complete all the modules and have a enough time. The minimum expected study time invested by a student is 4 hours per week.
Course fees include study materials, dedicated Course Tutor to assess your completed work and provide feedback.
Each module consist of exercises and concludes with an assessment, which should be submitted to your dedicated assigned tutor for marking and feedback. Your personally dedicated tutor will provide support you need to ensure you gain maximum results from your course.
Who is this course for?
The Diploma in Aviation Operations Home Study Course is specially designed for distance learning instead of the classroom based learning methods. You will have a final examination for each area of study. There are no entry requirements, this course is open to enthusiastic and ambitions individuals worldwide who are keen to start a career as a prospective Airport or Airline workers.
You will receive a Certification of Completion from Exodus Travel Training and Recruitment.
You will receive 3 certificates:
- Airport Ground Handling
- Airfares & Ticketing Level 1
- Airline Cabin Crew
- Amadeus Airline Reservations System
For each qualification Exodus Travel Training and Recruitment will provide Notification Certificates detailing the content covered to impress prospective employers.
What a great way of gaining the right qualifications to start your career and gain a wealth of knowledge, industry terminology and skills ready for a career in the Aviation Industry.
This 'One Stop Course' - Heading you in the right direction for a sustainable career with well established Aviation organisations.
At Exodus Travel Careers & Training will treat you as an individual by ensuring that all receive the assistance required while on the course. We will keep in contact with you on a regular basis to find out how you are getting on with the course even if you do not contact us. We also assist in finding employment with your career interest and provide you expert knowledge of what major organisations are look for in your chosen career path. Your time with us will be tailored to your needs to ensure you gain the best possible success on your course and seeking your career.
At Exodus Travel Training & Recruitment our courses are to meet the requirements of the industry for well established airlines to ensure knowledge and familiarity at the start of your career. You will be able to enhance your opportunities of employment with the technical knowledge learnt on this course and gain a foothold within the industry.
*There are Payment Options Available with an Instalment plan. Terms and conditions apply, please enquire.
Enrol today and start working towards a sustainable career in the Aviation Industry.