Certificate in Travel Agency Operations Professional
*PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE WITH PARTIAL.LY INTEREST-FREE FROM £59.00 per Month after initial payment, find details at the check-out to find out your payment options.
Travel agency have become more specialised and tailored to meet individual needs. Retail, online and independent travel agencies are now focusing on meeting customer needs by tailoring travel service products that match individual requirements. The Certificate in Travel Agency Operations provides the practical skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in this field and training required by some of the leading specialist travel agencies.
The course is split into three areas learning the fundamental knowledge and key information needed for the industry and then building on the practical skills of professional systems.
1. The Travel Agency Operations entails underpinning skills to understand how the industry works. You will gain the following competences and knowledge of holiday destinations and travel industry skills needed to work for major luxury operators. This course is designed for candidates to achieve the right skill-set to succeed in this career and have a long term future within various travel sectors. We first start with the minimum requirements to empower candidates to apply for careers with established organisations.
- Travel Operations
- Introduction to Airfares and Ticketing
- Knowledge of Global Distribution Systems
The course includes: Course materials, Columbus World Travel Atlas, continued support, constructive feedback to succeed in the final exam and certification.
2. Travel Destinations
3. IATA Industry Coding and Decoding
4. Travel Fundamentals
An interactivity and scenario-based simulated course
- Worldwide geography
- Airport and Airline Codes
- Types of travel
- Aircraft types
- Commercial airlines
- Worldwide Hotels
- Car Hire Companies
5. Reservation systems for Airlines, Hotels and Car Hire
This worldwide recognised qualification and training system is required by many travel agencies or tour operators leading employers. Your course will give you hands-on practice following aspects:
Airlines Reservations Module 1
Lesson 1-1 — Introduction, Sign In and Out, Work Areas
Lesson 2 — Encode and Decode
Lesson 3 — Introduction to the PNR
Lesson 4 — PNR Redisplay, Displaying PNR SubFields
Lesson 5 — Timetables, Flight Details
Lesson 6 — Flight Availability, Return Availability, Schedules information
Lesson 7 — Booking Seats from Availability
Lesson 8 — Name Elements, Contact Elements
Lesson 9 — Ticketing Element, Received-From Element
Lesson 10 — Creating and Ending a complete PNR
Lesson 11 — Cancel and Changing Mandatory PNR Elements
Lesson 12 — Mailing Address and Billing Address Elements
Lesson 13 — General Remark and OSI Elements
Lesson 14 — SSR Elements, Passenger Information Elements, Frequent Flyer Elements
Lesson 15 — Cancel and Changing Optional PNR Elements
Lesson 16 — Advance Seating Requests
Lesson 17 — Seat Maps
Lesson 18 — Request Specific Seats, Specific Seat Wish, Modify
Lesson 19 — Calculator and Currency Functions, Minimum Connect Times
Lesson 20 — Help system
Reservation 1 - Exam Final Assessment Exam on Emulator
Airline Reservations Module 2
Lesson 1 — Advanced Availability Entries
Lesson 2 — Access Types
Lesson 3 — Direct Sell, Waitlist, Open/ARNK/Passive Segments
Lesson 4 — PNR Claim
Lesson 5 — Split PNR
Lesson 6 — Non-Homogeneous PNRs
Lesson 7 — Customer Profiles
Lesson 8 — Queue Count, Queue Placement, Option Element
Lesson 9 — Queue Access/Exit, Remove/Delay Queued PNRs
Lesson 10 — Segment Status, Schedule Change, Waitlist Assurance
Reservation 2 - Final Assessment Exam - Emulator
Car Hire Reservations
Assessments & Practice
- There are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. This computerised reservation training course - includes a personal log in to sign on and sign off the Galileo emulator reservation system to gain access and start training.
The course includes:
- An agent sign on and sign off login
- 40 hours allocated time to complete your course within 6 months access to your account and practice outside of your course
- 24 Lessons and 5 Drills (Quizzes)
- Student Workbook to enhance, reinforce and practice your training
- Final assessment on the entire course
- An official industry worldwide recognised Certificate of Global Distribution System Training from Viasinc.
- Support & guidance throughout your course
You will receive 3 certificates:
- Travel Agency Operations
- Travel Fundamentals
- Computerised Reservations System - either Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre or Worldspan from Viasinic
What a great way of gaining the right qualifications to start your career and gain a wealth of knowledge, industry terminology and skills ready for a career in travel operations. You will also receive notification of units studied, which is useful for employers to identified what was actually covered on the course, skills and competences.
Our 'One Stop Courses' - Heading you in the right direction for a sustainable career.
*There are Payment Options Available with an Instalment plan. Terms and conditions apply, please enquire.